28 December 2007

"Shout it out with a megaphone!"

In no particular order then - ten songs by Stock, Aitken and Waterman which were really rather good, actually...

1 - Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley

2 - Especially For You by Kylie Minogue & Jason Donovan

3 - Happenin' All Over Again by Lonnie Gordon

4 - Say I'm Your Number One by Princess

5 - Can't Shake The Feeling by Big Fun*

6 - I Just Don't Have The Heart by Cliff Richard

7 - This Time I Know It's For Real by Donna Summer

8 - When You Come Back To Me by Jason Donovan

9 - Whatever I Do, Wherever I Go by Hazell Dean**

10 - Better The Devil You Know by Kylie Minogue***

*Yes, this is irrespective of the deadbeats who recorded it, thanks.
**I can never remember where the brackets go on this, so I've left them out entirely.
***But also see any single from Kylie's second or third albums, really.

5 comments:

Steve said...

I have to say that I am psychologically, idealogically and emotionally opposed to anything produced by SAW...!

Bright Ambassador said...

Oh dear...

Clair said...

It must be a girl thing. That Lonnie Gordon record is one of my favourites ever. And Matt must be a woman...he's got smashing hair!

Mark X said...

I must admit, while I didn't have a lot of time for most of their output, I did like the records put out by SAW under their own name. I'm sure I've still got copies of 'Roadblock' and 'Pack Jammed (With the Party Posse)' lurking in my parent's attic.

Although, while checking the titles of the two songs above, I've just discovered that SAW took M/A/R/R/S to court over the unlicensed use of a sample from 'Roadblock', so they can jolly well sod off. Bah.

Matthew Rudd said...

One of those - Packjammed, I think - was a massive hit because they stuck it on a Bananarama flip and then made it an official double A side. Crafty gets.

Smashing hair? A minority viewpoint...