23 January 2008

Asda update


After musing on the subject of supermarket shopping here, and adding as an aside that Asda bombard with me junk daily after just one online shop, I was rather surprised and pleased to receive the following email within seven days:

Matthew,

Apologies for contacting you directly - I hope you don't find this too intrusive, but I stumbled across your blog this morning and read with interest that you've had difficulties unsubscribing from ASDA emails. If you let me know which email address you're subscribed with I'll make sure you don't receive emails from us in future.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Many thanks,
Chris.


Chris is Chris Dalrymple, online marketing manager for Asda.com, and to receive a personalised email like that shows a touch of class. I might even shop online at Asda again and take the risk...

Now, about those irritating emails from Tesco...

1 comment:

Steve said...

Wow. That is impressive. I wish the manager of my supermarket read my blog!