11 January 2008

"Do unto yourself as you would see fit for your brother..."


Five Centres has done it, as has the Apprentice of the Universe, and I've responded to each. So I thought I'd have a bash at baring my musical soul and playing a spot of iPod roulette! How exciting...

So here goes - shuffle mode on, and the first five to emerge are....

1 - Drama!, by Erasure.
Easily the most lyrically complicated song they did, but still refreshingly bleepy and in the midst of that phase where everything they recorded seemed to warrant an exclamation mark on the title.

2 - I.G.Y. (What A Beautiful World), Howard Jones.
Should be Donald Fagen, of course, but Howard Jones was my childhood hero and I love this version.

3 - She Drives Me Crazy, Fine Young Cannibals.
A chorus my 80s night sings very, very loudly at 3.45am after last orders.

4 - Wishing On A Star, Rose Royce.
And not Paul Weller or Fresh 4 featuring Lizz E. See, I can do non-80s originals...

5 - Cold Cold Heart, Midge Ure.
From 1991, I think. I'm a Midge fan in all guises and I recently dug out his Best Of after reading his marvellous autobiography and seeing him on Celebrity Masterchef.

Soul bared considerably, I'm sure you'll agree. The sixth song was Della And The Dealer by Hoyt Axton. I must suggest the name Kalamazoo for our next British cream shorthair cat...

Over to you. Don't be bashful.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Rose Royce - classic track. Features quite a bit on my own MP3 player too...