27 February 2008

Earth to earth

I'm writing this ten minutes after my house shook like buggery in the midst of the earth tremor. The neighbours all came flocking out of their houses to find out what was going on, in various states of undress. My cats all panicked and ran round the house like idiots. The Natural Blonde and I checked round the house to see if something big, like the spare room wardrobe, had fallen over.

The epicentre was traced to just 30 miles south of where I sit right now.

Meanwhile, the dogs - who bark the whole village down when they hear the sound of window cleaners' ladders from eight streets away - slept right through it.

1 comment:

Steve said...

We felt it all the way down here in Warwickshire too. I'm crrently checking my Lego collection for collateral damage...