4 March 2008

"Have you got a Nectar card?"


Yes, I have. I still hand it over to the BP garage person with the Visa card whenever I fill up the car. I was doing it every other day during the time when I was driving 60,000 per annum.

Yet heaven only knows what I'm supposed to do with what are doubtlessly millions of Nectar points (are they points?) because I've never got round to finding out.

Do I get a luxury holiday in Sydney, or am I entitled to a free pack of AAA batteries with my next diesel purchase? I really have no idea. If you've ever benefitted from your Nectar card, I'd appreciate your aid.

5 comments:

A Kitten in a Brandy Glass said...

What most people, including me, do with them is spend them at Sainsbury's. If you hand over your card at the till they'll tell you how many points you've got and how much that is in real money. 500 points equals £2.50 off your shopping.

There are fancier ways to spend them, however, which are detailed on the Nectar website.

Bright Ambassador said...

We save ours over the year and use them to get loads of money off the annual big Christmas shop at Sainsbury's.

Five-Centres said...

Though I've long since mislaid my Nectar card, when I did have one you could knock money off your shopping at Sainsburys.

That's all I ever did with it. I think you had to get about a million points to get an alarm clock.

Matthew Rudd said...

Kitten, I've just had registered at the Nectar website and it sppears I'm entitled to a Norwegian cruise.

I must have made a mistake somewhere...

Clair said...

Don't buy any parrots when you're over there, Matt.