24 June 2008

"Hello darling, yes I love you darling....!"

Oh go on then, if you insist, have the setlist for the 70s Night we did tonight...

Slade "Skweeze Me Pleeze Me"
Glen Campbell "Rhinestone Cowboy"
Stranglers "Duchess"
Argent "Hold Your Head Up"
Nicky Thomas "Love Of The Common People"
Ram Jam "Black Betty"
LaBelle "Lady Marmalade"
Herbie Hancock "I Thought It Was You"
Jackson Five "Mama's Pearl"
Abba "SOS"
Miracles "Love Machine"
David Bowie "Sound And Vision"
First Class "Beach Baby"
Exile "Kiss You All Over"
Donna Summer "I Feel Love"
Ace "How Long"
Gary Lewis and the Playboys "My Heart's Symphony"
Andy Williams "Can't Help Falling In Love"
Frantique "Strut Your Funky Stuff"
Rolling Stones "Brown Sugar"
Pete Wingfield "Eighteen With A Bullet"
Clodagh Rogers "Jack In The Box"
Yvonne Elliman "If I Can't Have You"
Wings "Live And Let Die"
Generation X "King Rocker"
Billy Ocean "Love On Delivery"
Melanie "Brand New Key"
Harry Chapin "W.O.L.D."
Gary Numan "Cars"
Silver Convention "Get Up & Boogie"
10cc "Donna"
Bread "Make It With You"
Suzi Quatro "She's In Love With You"
T Rex "I Love To Boogie"
Olivia Newton John "Banks Of The Ohio"
Cliff Richard "Devil Woman"
Foreigner "Feels Like The First Time"
Adverts "Gary Gilmore's Eyes"
Sonny and Cher "All I Ever Need"
Doobie Brothers "Listen To The Music"
Gloria Gaynor "Never Can Say Goodbye"
Bee Gees "Too Much Heaven"

Next week's edition is a feedbackreport production. Shame for him that Level 42 didn't start having hits until the 80s, then...

7 comments:

Clair said...

I find W.O.L.D. almost unbearably moving. And Beach Baby is one of the best singles evah, fact.

LF Barfe said...

He can always choose 'Pop Muzik' by M if he wants to get a quarter of Level 42 in by the back door. Oh, and Wally Badarou. For my own part, I spent an hour last week on BBC Radio Norfolk talking about 'English Settlement' by XTC, and inviting listener contributions of an amusing or nostalgic nature - "Yacht Dance was playing the first time I got tops, Roy". Not one caller. Nada.

Chris Hughes said...

I enjoyed last night's show, or what I heard of it after my wi-fi decided to start playing up halfway through.

Have you seen this?
http://tinyurl.com/473s2g

Terrible name, but I love the tracklisting. Half the songs are ones I picked when I did the '70s show.

Five-Centres said...

Gary Lewis and the Playboys - did it have to wait until the 70s to be a hit here?

Matthew Rudd said...

It did indeed - 1975, nine years after reaching the charts in the USA.

LF Barfe said...

Chris, I was having trouble with my wi-fi today. I eventually isolated it to interference from the baby monitor.

Anna said...

10cc! :)