20 November 2008

Typing this on my parents' laptop

I'm being quiet because my broadband is bust and Kingston Communications are being their usual incompetent selves in getting round to fixing it. A bloke arrived this morning, saw the workmen doing the extension and blithely asked "So where have you cut the wires then?". The ignorant arse. The problem is not related to the renovation at all. He then proceeded to fix the landline (which was also down) and forget about/prove incapable of mending the broadband. He left, and I still have no idea if he's coming back.

You lot who don't have a monopolising telecommunications company in your town or city are the lucky ones. Customer care is not a heavy priority when the company has no rivals.

So it's nothing personal, promise. This is assuming you've noticed. After all, Phil only writes something once a month and I for one hang on his every word. So go read his blog while I try to regain homebound access to mine. And make yourself a brew whil you're at it.

3 comments:

Planet Mondo said...

Whenever I've had internet agg' - it's always usually turned out to be BT's fault - they've got the monopoly and the ISP's get stiffed..

Callum said...

The value of Kingston Communications shares (which once stood at £18, after Hull City Council flogged them off) today: 9.5p.

Phil Norman said...

Aw bless you, sir! You've shamed me into writing summat at long last...