27 January 2009

Sew-sew-sudio


Popped down the doctor's today for an appointment to undergo some minor surgery. The removal of the papule was painless enough, aside from the stinging local anaesthetic; even the amiable chit-chat about my radio career was enjoyable as the doc talked about commercials about double glazing companies while plunging needles through my numbed skin.

However, the soundtrack he'd chosen to 'soothe' his patients' nerves was the greatest hits of Phil Collins. I'm not a big fan, despite my 1980s obsession, and to be at the mercy of both a GP holding sharpened tweezers and the unappealing brass nonsense of Both Sides Of The Story made me half-wish I'd gone private. Given the helpless situation I was in, I'm glad I Missed Again didn't come on.

Stitches now in place and I'm off to get some paracetamol...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of something my Dad brought up recently.

He'd gone for a dentist's appointment to have a tooth extracted, and, no sooner had he sat in the dentist's chair, than what came on the radio?

"Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?"

Funnily enough, he actually quite likes Phil Collins as well...

Olaf Legend said...

Fortune the song In Too Deep did not play.

Olaf

JM said...

I can't be the only person who just had to google "papule" surely.

Anonymous said...

Your not .... I have just had to google it also as I did not know what or where it is !