12 June 2009

You may deduce that I don't like Cristiano Ronaldo

I've been on Pure 107.8FM's mids shift this week and there's a feature which is unashamedly taken from the old Triple Tracker of Nicky Campbell's glory days. Take a news story and play three songs which are somehow 'appropriate'. I thought I'd mention it as we've had a good week of this...

Monday:
Story: Billy Elliot wins ten Tony awards

He's The Greatest Dancer - Sister Sledge
North Country Boy - Charlatans
Englishman In New York - Sting

Tuesday:
Story: Police in Bournemouth are measuring the speeds of cyclists on the promenade

Saddle Up - David Christie
Just A Ride - Jem
Don't Slow Down - UB40

Wednesday:
Story: Israeli woman chucks out an old mattress, not knowing it contains her mum's life savings

Money's Too Tight To Mention - Simply Red

Does Your Mother Know - Abba
Throwing It All Away - Genesis

Thursday:
Story: Narcissistic, cheating, posturing, spoilt football primadonna Cristiano Ronaldo is off to Real Madrid for £80million

Ready To Go - Republica
Spanish Stroll - Mink de Ville
I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down - Elvis Costello

Friday:
Story: Madonna succeeds in her appeal to the Malawian courts to adopt baby girl Mercy James

All The She Wants - Ace Of Base
Somewhere Else - Razorlight
The Girl Is Mine - Michael Jackson with Paul McCartney

There. Have a good weekend.

3 comments:

A Write Blog said...

'I can't stand up for falling down' tickled me.

Cheers for that.

Bright Ambassador said...

'Nicky Campbell's glory days'. There's four words I never thought I'd read in the same sentence.

Roman Empress said...

Good idea to put them in writing like this. I enjoyed tuning into a couple of shows this week (thanks for the dedication!) as I heard you play 'north country boy' but wasn't sure of the context as I just had it on in the background.