8 November 2010

Truthful songs over an eighties groove

It is such fun having three hours of radio to play songs like these...

Proclaimers "Letter From America"
Alison Moyet "Love Resurrection"

Evelyn Champagne King "Love Come Down"
Nik Kershaw "Don Quixote"

FEATURED ALBUM - RAINTOWN - TRACK 1:
Deacon Blue "When Will You Make My Telephone Ring"

Belouis Some "Imagination"
Inner City "Whatcha Gonna Do With My Lovin'"



Undertones "Wednesday Week"
Paul Young "Wonderland"

Pet Shop Boys "Love Comes Quickly"
Bobby Thurston "Check Out The Groove"

Blondie "Island Of Lost Souls"
Beach Boys "Kokomo"

Phil Collins "I Missed Again"
Fields Of The Nephilim "Moonchild"

Adam and the Ants "Kings Of The Wild Frontier"
Communards "Tomorrow"

Japan "Quiet Life"
Gloria Estefan "Can't Stay Away From You"

FEATURED ALBUM - TRACK 2:
Deacon Blue "Chocolate Girl"

Soul II Soul featuring Caron Wheeler "Keep On Movin'"
Smiths "Sheila Take A Bow"

Lydia Murdock "Superstar"
Adventures "Broken Land"

GUILTY PLEASURE
:
Toy Dolls "Nelly The Elephant"

Abba "Lay All Your Love On Me"
Heaven 17 "Come Live With Me"

Kool & the Gang "Misled"
T'Pau "Secret Garden"

Waterboys "The Whole Of The Moon"
Narada Michael Walden "I Shoulda Loved Ya"

Strawberry Switchblade "Since Yesterday"
Dire Straits "Twisting By The Pool"

FEATURED ALBUM - TRACK 3:
Deacon Blue "Dignity"

James Ingram & Michael McDonald "Yah Mo B There"
Def Leppard "Pour Some Sugar On Me"

UB40 "If It Happens Again"
Natasha "Iko Iko"



Squeeze "Is That Love"
Howard Jones "Life In One Day"

George Michael "Kissing A Fool"
Ward Brothers "Cross That Bridge"

Dead Or Alive "Lover Come Back To Me"
Fresh 4 featuring Lizz E "Wishing On A Star"

Same again this coming Sunday from 6pm? Oh, go on then.

4 comments:

Mondo said...

I found a ton of 80s 12"ers in my loft yesterday Visage, Spandau, Soft Cell - I must get round to blogging them..

Bright Ambassador said...

Yeah, Raintown, what a horrible LP.
I saw Deacon Blue support Simple Minds a couple of years ago and made sure I was the only fucker sitting down and played a golf game on my phone. Which proves something: I hate Deacon Blue even more than I hate golf.

Anonymous said...

Bright Ambassador, I'm with you all the way. There is nothing NOTHING on this earth that will make me like Deacon Blue. Raintown is marginally less hateful than the albums that followed it, but I hate, hate HATE Deacon Blue. Hate Deacon Blue. If, in return for sitting through that album, I was presented with Nico Rosberg, liberally basted in Ambrosia custard, holding in one hand a DVD containing every episode of Top Gear and in the other, the key fob and log book of a Bugatti Veyron SS (or a Ferrari FXX - to be honest, I'm not too picky about that detail), I still wouldn't listen to it. I'm not keen, if I'm honest.

Matthew Rudd said...

Oh Lordy Mondo, yes, do! All of them.

BA, I did it for you. I always feel like any kind of response from you makes a blog post worthwhile...

Anon, ta for that. Fortunately I pick the music for everyone and therefore the odd dud, in some eyes, will slip under the radar. Thanks for posting.