9 March 2011

I guess there's just no way of knowing

I still haven't heard George Michael's version of True Faith. I hear it isn't one of his finest recordings.

And to anyone who says you're not allowed to dislike it because it's for charity - garbage. Put the money you would have paid out for the single straight into a Comic Relief tin, or some other deserving case, and the effect is much the same for everyone involved, except possibly George Michael.

I am a fan of his, but I wish he'd stop doing stuff, in studio or out of, that winds people up. He's a gifted songwriter and live performer so just write a new album and get out on tour for the people who care. It's not so hard, is it?

3 comments:

John Medd said...

Luckily, I've not heard it Matt - but already, in my mind, I'm getting Cliff's Lord's Prayer and Reg's Diana diatribe. Surely the most charitable thing these venerable popsters could do would be to retire gracefully and leave the making of garbage records to Cowell's mob.

Lee Slator said...

For what it's worth, my tuppeneth on it and other cover songs

True Faith and other Cover Songs

Ishouldbeworking said...

Well that sounds like one to spend the rest of the year avoiding...